Wednesday, 13 July 2011

July 13th: "Joey! Get Back Here!!"

Joey (Yes, the same Joey from Friends) runs through the double doors of the Sainsbury's in Hayes where Daniel works.
"What is this beer??" He shouts, looking at the stacks of boxes with a reduced sign hanging on top of it. He picks up the sign and chucks it to the floor before walking off on a rant. Excuse me, I hear a authorative man talk to Joey.
"Aw crap," I think before turning to see who was reprimanding him. A man leans over the customer service counter, arm outstretched to try and grab the attention of Joey who turns the corner. The man's arm drops. I recognise him instantly, even though he is facing awa from me. The way his hair was set in a messy disarray, leading down to a thin tail at the nape of his neck. He turns towards to me, his face disgruntled. My heart misses a beat, and theres a slight pang in my stomach. Longing and anger coarses through me at the same time racing eachother. My desire to go to him wins. I take a step towards to him. His gae is towards the floor, shaking his head, eyebrows pulled together. Suddenly, someone grabs my arms.
"Where's Joey??" Sarah's eyes widen, searching. "C'mon," she pulls me in the opposite direction, away from Daniel, snatching a last glance of him. Who knows when I would see him again.

...

We're leaving Sainsburys, the guys that Sarah came with need to be somewhere, and are heading to the car as soon as Joey returns. I know I only have a few moments left, so I quickly glance at the counter hoping that he's still there. I'm used to being let down, and I'm not surprised that he's not there. I take a deep breath, trying to collect myself before anyoe noticed my momentary dejection. Someone must have decided that we were waiting for Joey at the car, because he hadn't come back, but everyone was walking out of the store now towards the car park. One last glance -

And there he was. sitting down at the back of the desk. His head was bent over something. He must have been writing something out, and the cashier at the till had blocked my view of him earlier. "I'll be right back" I say to Sarah, walking towards him. I walk to the desk, and he gets up, inspecting the piece of paper. Satsified he sets in front of someone, and he looks up directly at me. I can't read the expression on his face. He walks along the customer service desk, settling down on a chair on the side out of the way of the customers, with a lower table. I sit on it.
"Hey :), it's been a while"

I can't remember the conversation that we had. But I remember the unspoken so clearly. A person gets in his little corner he settled in, so he gets up and leans on the counter, and I position myself closer to him, sliding along the counter. Suddenly I realise our faces are much closer to eachother, his eyes are searching mine and mine his. We both know that this is either the last or first time we see eachother. I want to kiss him so badly, and my gaze moves to the curves of his lips. The way it dips in the middle. I see him lean forward, and I look away from his lips to his whole face. There's resolution on his face. I can't believe that he wants the same thing as I do, but he kisses me. Soft and first, but for me it's not enough. We have such little time. His hands fingers trace along my arm, and over my shoulder, tingles following his touch. He hand settles on the nape of my neck. My stomach does somersalts over and over. I do't know how it got there, but my hands areo n the side of his face. It's more urgent now, more passionate. I remember his scent being all around me. We finally break away, eventhough my desire for him has not even satisfied, if anything its been heightened. I inhale breathing that scent all around me, trying to hoard every little thing, every little memory for later. It's his eyes I look to, wanting to remember them to most.

I wake up - and I realise I haven't wanted anyone that much for so long now. I had almost forgotten what that was like. And What it felt like to be wanted just as much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment